This video project is a collaboration of 10 state disability and health programs: Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, Oregon, and South Carolina.
It’s Your Diabetes, But You are Not Alone.
- 34 Million adults in the U.S are living with diabetes.
- Get a checkup every 3 months, or as often as your doctor tells you.
- At least once a year, have your kidneys test, get a foot check and eye exam.
Watch these fun videos to learn from self-advocates about ways to take care of your diabetes.
We Want to hear from you! Taking Charge of Your Diabetes Survey
We Want to hear from you! It’s My Diabetes, but I’m Not Alone Survey
Check out these resources to learn more:
- American Diabetes Association – https://www.diabetes.org/
- CDC Diabetes Program – https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/managing/index.html
- American Heart Association – https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/diabetes
- Talk to your doctor to learn more about the care that’s right for you.
This video project is a collaboration of 10 state disability and health programs supported by Cooperative Agreement Number DD000007 with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the CDC or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
This page reproduced with permission from http://committoinclusion.org/diabetes-management-for-self-advocates/